Scholarship & Videos
2020 Videos produced to build understanding of the Stations of the Cross:
2020-21 Videos produced with funding from the Interfaith Youth Core "Courageous Pluralism" project:
1) BYU students of other faiths: "What is one belief or practice from your own religious background that you wish BYU students appreciated more?"
2) Latter-day Saint students: "What is one belief or practice from another religion that has blessed your life or that you have appreciated?"
3) BYU Students of other faiths: "What is one Latter-day Saint practice, attribute, or belief that you have learned or seen at BYU and have really appreciated?"
4) BYU Students of other faiths: "How has being a religious minority at BYU encouraged your spirituality and/or loyalty to your religious tradition?"
Fellows' Publications/Presentations on Interfaith Dialogue
- An analysis of LDS perspectives on other religions (theology of religions), particularly from a European point of view
"The Religious 'Other': Reflecting upon Mormon Perceptions" - International Journal of Mormon Studies (2010)
- A personal exploration of the philosophy of Martin Buber in the context of interfaith dialogue
"Looking for Balance between Identity and Encounter: Buber's Relations and Interreligious Dialogue" - Journal of Ecumenical Studies (2011)
- An argument for the value of interfaith literacy for Latter-day Saints and an outline of false obstacles that prevent it
"Learning about Other Religions: False Obstacles and Rich Opportunities" - Religious Educator (2015)
- An historical overview of the conflict and cooperation of two religious minorities in Italy: Waldensians and Latter-day Saints (co-authored with Dr. James Toronto)
"From Conflict to Collaboration: Mormons and Waldensians in Italy" - Book chapter in The Worldwide Church: Mormonism as a Global Religion, eds. Michael A. Goodman and Mauro Properzi (2016)
- A statistical analysis on the effects of a World Religions course over the faith of students at Brigham Young University
"Toward Theological Inclusivism: The Effects of a World Religions Course in a Mormon University" - Journal of Research on Christian Education (2017)
- A discussion on balancing commitment to one's LDS faith with openness to other faiths
"Balancing Religious Tensions" - LDS Perspectives Podcast
- A survey-based study showing that instructors who highlight the compatibility of religion and evolution facilitate greater acceptance of evolution among religious students
"Using a Reconciliation Module Leads to Large Gains in Evolution Acceptance" - Life Sciences Education (2019)